Call for Papers: Satellite Meetings
Libraries Serving Persons with Print Disabilities Section
"Creating an inclusive community of readers: Tailoring the Reading Experience to Meet Individual Needs"
11-12 August 2016
Galt House Hotel. 140 N 4th St, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
This IFLA WLIC 2016 preconference is organized by IFLA Libraries Serving Persons with Print Disabilities in cooperation with the American Printing House for the Blind, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Making sure that everybody can have the best possible reading experience
- through library services catering to all types of print disabilities,
- through widely available rich audio and text books with descriptions of images and/or in tactile formats
- through personalized ways of reading
Presentations will raise and discuss such topics as:
- Facilitating the book selection process
- Changing role of the librarian from the Marrakesh perspective
- Finding and sharing accessible materials and collections
- Accessible audio book technologies
- Serving the full spectrum of print disabilities
- Creating inclusive communities through programming and events
- The added value of an analog service in the heart of the digital era.
- Promoting Braille literacy
Papers should be submitted and presented in English.
Submissions should include:
- title of the paper
- abstract fitting in with the topic of the conference in max. 300 words
- authors names and speaker’s name, professional affiliation, postal address, email address and brief biographical note and a photo
Please submit your proposals to:
All proposals must be in by 1 March 2016.
Proposals will be evaluated by the satellite program committee group and successful applicants will be informed by 15 March 2016.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lpd2016.org
All proposals must be received by 1 March 2016.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program of the Satellite Meeting.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the satellite meeting (eg. travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.