Call for Papers: Open Sessions
Information Technology Section
"Skills and Knowledge for Citizens in an Open Data and Technology Environments"
The Information Technology Section is seeking proposals for papers to be presented at WLIC 2016 in Columbus, Ohio. We are seeking papers that highlight the skills and knowledge that are useful for citizens in an open data and technology environment. A free exchange of information has many aspects including political, economic, and technical. We are interested in papers that address these from a citizen’s point of view.
Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- The role of the library in providing access to open data and support to citizens.
- Standards and best practices for open data
- Open policy making and transparency
- The value and challenges of providing and accessing open data
Papers presenting innovative projects, experience, initiatives or services with a strong collaborative cross-border or international dimension would also be appreciated.
Proposals should include
- Title of proposed presentation
- Abstract of proposed paper (no more than 300 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s) plus position and/or title
- Employer / affiliated institution
- Contact information including e-mail address and telephone number
- Short biographical statement of presenter(s)
- Language of final presentation
Send your proposal(s) as a MS Word attachment by 29 February to:
Email: Maria.Kadesjo@kb.se with the subject line “IFLA IT SECTION – title of proposal”.
The receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged.
The length of the presentations should be approximately 15 minutes with 5 minutes for questions/discussion.
All proposals must be received by 29 February 2016.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Columbus, Ohio. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2016 will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.