Call for Papers: Satellite Meetings
"Building Cross Cultural Capabilities for Universal Access to Information and Knowledge in Africa"
11-12 August 2016
University of Ohio, Athens, Ohio, USA
The Congress offers an opportunity to present library research outcomes and innovations in a multi-disciplinary international forum. In line with the theme of the 82nd IFLA WLIC 2016.
The IFLA Africa Section invites Librarians, Information Scientists and other stakeholders to submit proposals (abstracts) for papers to be presented at the Africa Section Satellite Conference in Ohio, USA.
Building Cross Cultural Capabilities for Universal Access to Information and Knowledge in Africa
- Role of libraries in empowering communities in Africa
- Libraries and Cultural Development
- Social media and community library out reach
- Intellectual Property
- Partnerships and collaboration: inspiring and exciting opportunities for libraries
- Creating synergies for research for Library professionals in Africa
- Building cross cultural capabilities to build strong libraries for strong societies.
The proposal must be original work of the author(s) and should be written in either English or French. Each abstract must contain:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Outline of the proposed presentation (no more than 350 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s)
- Position or title of presenter(s)
- Presenter(s) employer or affiliated institution
- E-mail address, Telephone /fax numbers
- Short biographical statement of the presenter/s with digital photograph
Please send ABSTRACTS by email to:
Dr. Rosemary Shafack, Chair, IFLA Africa Section
Kathy Matsika, Secretary, IFLA Africa Section
|15 December 2015||Deadline for Submission of Abstracts|
|20 February 2016||Notification of acceptance/rejection of papers|
|3 June 2016||Deadline for Submission of Full Papers|
All proposals will be evaluated by a refereeing team of the Standing Committee of the IFLA Section.
All proposals must be received by 15 December 2015
Presenters are advised to approach their parent organizations for sponsorship.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program of the Satellite Meeting.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the satellite meeting (eg. travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.