Call for Papers: Open Sessions
Indigenous Matters Section
"Sustaining the circle of knowledge: with your contribution and my contribution, indigenous communities thrive!"
The IFLA Indigenous Matters Section (IM) invites you to submit a proposal for its open session to be held in Columbus, Ohio, USA, in August 2016.
Aligned with the Congress theme “Connections, Collaboration, Community”, the Indigenous Matters Section Open Session will focus on how libraries and library practitioners around the world respond to challenges to their usual practice or ways of working, and how they incorporate indigenous cultural/traditional practices and methodologies, to enable indigenous communities to thrive, and by doing so, enrich the diverse communities they serve.
We are seeking 4-6 thoughtful, high quality papers (presentations of 10-15 minutes each) on any topic that relate to the session theme.
Please submit the proposal in English and include:
- Title of proposed presentation;
- Abstract of the proposed presentation (no more than 500 words in English);
- Name(s) of presenter(s);
- Professional role (or official title of presenter(s);
- Confirmation that a presenter(s) will attend WLIC 2016 Columbus Ohio;
- Presenter’s institutional affiliation, if any;
- Presenter’s community/tribal affiliation, if any;
- Presenter’s e-mail address; and
- Brief biography of presenter(s).
Please email your proposal for papers on or before Monday 29 February 2016 to:
(Ms) Te Paea Paringatai
Acting Chair, Indigenous Matters Section
- The deadline for submitting a detailed abstract (500 words) and full author details is Monday 29 February 2016. Selection of papers is based on the abstract and confirmation that at least one presenter will attend WLIC 2016 Columbus, Ohio, USA to deliver the paper.
- All submissions will be acknowledged by reply email, within five working days of receipt.
- Presenters will be notified whether they have been successful by Wednesday 23 March 2016.
- The full paper is due on Sunday 29 May 2016 and must be an original submission not presented or published elsewhere.
- Both abstracts and full papers should be submitted as a MS Word file by e-mail.
- Papers should be no more than 4,000 words (not including bibliography), single spaced in Times New Roman 12 point.
- Papers should be in English with an abstract, and the presenter (who need not be the author) must be competent in English.
- Depending on the number of final papers selected; 10-15 minutes will be allowed for a summary delivery of the paper during the Congress; the full written paper is not to be read.
Full abstracts will be evaluated by the Section’s WLIC 2016 team.
|29 February 2016||Submission of abstract|
|23 March 2016||Notification to authors|
|29 May 2016||Submission of full text|
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Columbus, Ohio. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.