Call for Papers: Open Sessions
Environmental Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group
"Green Libraries – Together, for All"
[Deadline extended to: 31 January 2016]
Environmental Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group (ENSULIB) is seeking proposals for papers to be presented at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Columbus, Ohio, USA from 13-19 August 2016.
The general theme of the conference is Connections. Collaboration. Community. All propositions should conform to this theme or/as well as to the Lyon Declaration. The Declaration claims that access to information, and the skills to use it effectively, are required for sustainable development. ENSULIB Open Session will provide an opportunity to share projects that support the goals of the conference theme or the Lyon Declaration, the emphasis being on environmental sustainability.
Papers presenting environmentally sustainable projects, experience, initiatives or services with an innovative touch are preferred.
Discussions may concern:
- Green information
- Green libraries, i.e., environmentally sustainable buildings
- Environmentally sustainable services
- Environmentally sustainable practices
- Environmental policy and management
- Or other suitable topics
Proposals should be sent to the SIG convenor:
Proposals must be submitted by
15 January 2016 31 Januray 2016 and should include:
- Title of the proposed presentation
- Abstract, no more than 300 words, in English
- Curriculum vitae of the author(s)
- Contact details and professional affiliation(s)
The abstracts will be reviewed by section committee members of ENSULIB. Selected presenters will be notified by 5 February 2016.
At the conference, during the open session, 20 minutes will be allowed for the presentation of each accepted paper. Please note, although every effort will be made to provide simultaneous interpretation into other IFLA languages, interpretation may not be available.
Requirements for speakers
- Final papers should be 3000-6000 words in length
- Papers should be original submissions (not published elsewhere).
- Papers must be submitted as formal papers for inclusion on the IFLA conference website by 15 April.
- Papers should be submitted with a one-page abstract in English, although the final papers may be written in any of IFLA’s official languages.
- All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2016 will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
- Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
- At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Columbus, Ohio. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
15 January 201631 January 2016: Deadline for submission of abstract
- 15 February 2016: Notification of acceptance/rejection
- 15 April 2016: Deadline for submission of full paper
All proposals must be received by 31 January 2016.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.