Call for Papers: Open Sessions
"Creating an Enabling Environment for Africa: Taking the Cape Town Declaration Forward'"
The IFLA Annual Congress will take place in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America from 13th -19th August, 2016.
The Congress offers an opportunity to present library research outcomes and innovations in a multi-disciplinary international forum. In line with the theme of the 82nd IFLA WLIC, 2016, Africa Section chose the theme: Creating an Enabling Environment for Africa: Taking the Cape Town Declaration Forward.
IFLA Africa Section invites Librarians, Information Scientists and other Stakeholders to submit abstracts (proposals) for papers to be presented during the Africa Section Open Forum Session in OHIO, United States of America (USA).
“Creating an Enabling Environment for Africa: Taking the Cape Town Declaration Forward”.
- African Libraries using Multi-media technologies to drive the post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals
- Connecting African Library communities for Development: partnerships and networking
- The Role of African Libraries in Driving the Post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals.
- The Role of African Libraries in Achieving the Development Agendas.
- African Libraries as Agents of change
- African Libraries Partnering with African Governments in Achieving the Cape Town Declaration, policy issues etc.
- Information Literacy, African libraries and development
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for building a strong African Library Community
The proposal must be the original work of the author(s) and should be written in either English or French. Each abstract must contain:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Outline of the proposed presentation (no more than 350 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s)
- Position or title of presenter(s)
- Presenter(s) employer or affiliated institution
- E-mail address, Telephone/fax numbers
- Short biographical statement of the presenter/s, with digital photograph
Please email ABSTRACTS (Proposals) by 20 November 2015 to:
Please send a Copy to:
Dr Rosemary Shafack, Chair, IFLA Africa Section
20 November 2015: Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
20 February 2016: Notification of acceptance/rejection of papers
20 May 2016: Deadline for Submission of Full Papers
All proposals will be evaluated by a refereeing team of the Standing Committee of the IFLA Africa Section
All proposals must be received by 20 November 2015.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Columbus, Ohio. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.